BACKGROUND CHECK SUBMISSION
All adult volunteers, including coaches, assistant coaches, and team managers must submit their request for a background check screening and clear the background check.
To complete this requirement, you must log into your Blue Sombrero account.
DO NOT CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT IF YOU ALREADY HAVE ONE. If you do not remember your password, contact the Registrar for assistance with access. Creating another account will cause delays in processing your background check.
DO NOT USE YOUR SMART PHONE TO COMPLETE THIS PROCESS. Get on a computer and use either Google Chrome or Firefox. We've seen the most success with those browsers.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR BACKGROUND CHECK SUBMISSION (see screenshot below):
- Go to our Blue Sombrero site: https://clubs.bluesombrero.com/glastonburyhartwell
- Log in and click on "VOLUNTEER" - NOTE: Give this page at least 30 seconds to fully load. It will look like nothing is happening, but that page is accessing external databases and will need a minute to pull it all together. Once it loads, you will see something like the screenshot below.
- Check the Risk Status checkbox. Then click on "Renew & Update".
- REMEMBER TO USE YOUR FULL LEGAL NAME
- For background checks, the system will require your social security number. NOTE: Hartwell and Blue Sombrero/Sports Connect do NOT store your social security number. It is immediately encrypted and transmitted to the vendor for processing.