Players & Families -
I want to thank everyone for a great season where we achieved our 2 main objectives - learning and fun.
A few observations:
1) When we began the season, everyone was wearing a mask and a little unsure as it had been so long since we all played
2) As the season progressed, the boys really embraced a couple of key concepts:
- The ball moves faster than the fastest person on the field - passing is critical
- Help out on the defensive end of the field
- Everyone has unique areas where they excel
3) As the season went on, the boys found where they were comfortable playing based on their unique attributes
4) Everyone stepped out of their comfort zone to learn and play new positions
As we walked on to the field on Saturday, the boys were a little disheartened to see we were playing a team who previously beat us 5-0 and 6-0. The score at halftime was 2-1 and the boys were in top form. We were playing like a team and really supporting one another! Although we ended up losing, I am so proud of how the team came together - so much progress during the season culminated in a great showing on Saturday.
I thank you all for allowing me the opportunity to coach. I look forward to continuing to see the boys grow in their soccer careers!
All the best,